The following slides were made to facilitate learning and instructing the College of William and Mary Math 111 Calculus Labs. These labs are meant as companion materials to a standard Calculus I course. They are currently being taught along side materials from the Single Variable Calculus with Early Transcendentals (7th edition), by James Stewart, published by Brooks/Cole Publishing.
The lab worksheets are available for download from the W&M Math Department website.
- Math 111-3 Lab Syllabus
- Lab 2: Exploring the Limit
- Lab 3: Exploring the Derivative
- Lab 4: Kinematics of Linear Motion
- Lab 5: Related Rates
- Lab 6: Linear Approximation
- Lab 7: Graphing and the Derivative
- Lab 8: Newton’s Method
- Lab 9: The Definite Integral as the Area Under a Curve
- Integral Review (PDF)
Note: Some graphics used in slides are taken directly from the lab, some are from Google image search.